Livamol with BioWorma
Livamol® with BioWorma®: Nutritional supplement containing the natural biological control for worm lavae.
BioWorma®, that captures and consumes infective worm larvae (including chemical resistant/anthelmintic multi-resistant larvae) within the manure of grazing animals.
- Livamol is a palatable blend of proteins, energy and polyunsaturated oil formulated to improve coat condition and general appearance of all stock, including stud and show animals. LIVAMOL is especially appropriate for young, aged and convalescing animals recovering from disease or injury.
- Active ingredient against worms : Duddingtonia flagrans
Livamol with BioWorma
Livamol with BioWorma contain the spores of Duddingtonia flagrans, a naturally occurring fungus found in soil and pasture. It is a non-chemical biological control for the free-living stages of parasitic gastrointestinal nematodes or roundworms of grazing animals, which acts by substantially reducing the numbers of infective worm larvae (including chemical/anthelmintic multi-resistant larvae) emerging from manure onto pasture
Livamol is a protein meal supplement for animal to improve coat condition and well being. Now with the added bioworma, Livamol with bioworma helps protect your horses health and the health of your horse paddocks
PRESENTATION: A highly palatable rich red meal. ACTIVE CONSTITUENTS:Each 200 g portion contains:
|VITAMIN A||12,000 I.U.||COPPER||3 mg|
|VITAMIN D3||2,400 I.U||IODINE||17 µg|
|VITAMIN B1||0.2 mg||MANGANESE||21 mg|
|VITAMIN B2||0.4 mg||COBALT||16μg|
|VITAMIN B6||0.2 mg||ZINC|
|CALCIUM (Ca)||Min. 4% - Max. 6%|
|PHOSPHORUS (P)||Min. 1.5% Max. 2.5%|
|Digestible Energy (DE)||11MJ/KG|
PROPERTIES: SOUTER'S LIVAMOL® is a palatable blend of proteins, energy and polyunsaturated oil formulated to improve coat condition and general appearance of all stock, including stud and show animals. LIVAMOL is especially appropriate for young, aged and convalescing animals recovering from disease or injury. Using a unique technique for transforming liquid molasses into a convenient powder form,
LIVAMOL was created by the fusion of the "dried molasses", with protein and oilseed meals, cod liver oil and essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium and phosphorus. The result is a concentrated and nutritious conditioning feed additive which appeals and is palatable to all animals and birds. Selected omega-3 fatty acids and high oil protein meals have a positive effect on coat and skin appearance. Coat colour may also be enhanced and enriched by supplementation with minerals such as zinc, copper and iron.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
A standard coffee mug (300 mL) holds 200 g LIVAMOL plus Bioworma.
LIVAMOL® with BioWorma® may be mixed with feed, offered by free access alongside other feed or may be used in formulated
rations preferably under the direction of a nutritionist or veterinarian.
(A standard coffee mug (300 mL) holds 200 g LIVAMOL® with BioWorma®)
|Bodyweight * (kg)||25||50||100||200||300||400||500||600|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Dosage and Administration: Dose BioWorma® according to bodyweight.
- For best results, treat animals with a suitable chemical wormer/anthelmintic.
- Ideally, where possible, move the treated animals onto low worm pasture (that is, pasture that has not been grazed by the same animal species for a minimum 6 weeks).
- The most worm susceptible are young animals (from 3 months up to 18-24 months of age) and periparturient females (last month of pregnancy and while producing milk) as they are the most likely to have less resistance to worm infestation due to low immunity. Pasture contamination by adult stock, even with low faecal egg counts (FEC), should not be underestimated considering the volume of faecal material they place on pasture.
- Commence daily feeding of BioWorma® to minimise pasture infectivity and maintain the animal’s low worm status. The product will not reduce pre-existing larval pasture contamination. Thoroughly mix BioWorma® with feed or feed supplements.
- BioWorma® will begin to work immediately within the manure of treated animals, and for best results may be fed continuously when climatic conditions are conducive to BioWorma® and parasitic nematode activity.
- BioWorma® is recommended for strategic use during periods when weather conditions are conducive to larval development and transmission onto pasture at temperatures above 5° Celsius (40° Fahrenheit).
- Use in conjunction with a recommended worm management strategy for your area by contacting your Veterinarian, Animal Health Advisor or Government Advisory groups for a strategic Integrated Parasite Management (IPM) plan. It is important to consider the principles of refugia.
- Faecal egg counts (FECs) may be useful to monitor the effectiveness of the worm management strategy. Other options may include faecal egg count reduction test (FECRT) and/or identifying worm species by using faecal larval cultures (FLC).
For oral administration. The required amount of BioWorma® should be thoroughly mixed into feed, supplements, premixes, concentrates or loose mixes. See datasheet for daily feeding rates.
Duddingtonia flagrans (the active ingredient in BioWorma®) reduces the number of gastrointestinal nematodes (GIN) larvae on pasture, which is significantly greater than a chemical wormer can do within the animal (overall averages below):
84% - HORSES | 81% - CATTLE | 86% - GOATS | 68% - SHEEP